Same Check. New Name. No Hassel.
In April 2012,
All VeriSign seals will automatically update to the Norton Secured Seal, combining the power of the VeriSign Checkmark with the value of the Norton name.
The combination of these leading companies will help assure your customers that your website is safe—from search to browse to buy and sign-in.
The Most Recognized Trust Mark on the Internet
The VeriSign Checkmark, part of the most recognized trust mark on the Internet, will be combined with the leading name in personal technology protection, Norton. Consumer tests by Symantec show that the new seal retains the high level of recognition and trust that VeriSign seal posters value. In tests*, consumers selected the Norton Secured Seal more often than our competitors’ trust seals for the following attributes:
- 77% of consumers recognize the Norton Secured Seal.
- 65% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal is safe to browse and won’t give me a virus.
- 55% of consumers agree that a website displaying the Norton Secured Seal means that the website protects your online privacy.
Checkmark Displays on the Internet Today
- Up to 650 million displays per day of the VeriSign seal.
- Up to 7 million displays per day as part of the Symantec and Norton logos.
- Over 40 million desktops worldwide using Norton Safe Web see the Norton Secured Seal next to trusted website links in search results.
- Early adopters display the seal on their websites today.
No Installation Necessary
All VeriSign seals will update automatically, making the Norton Secured Seal instantly visible on more than 100,000 websites in 165 countries.